Holyhead Town, Isle of Anglesey, old County of Gwynedd (Anglesey). Location: on A5, 267m (430km) NW of London. Description: Irish Sea ferry port with long, protective breakwater. AONB: Isle of Anglesey. Church: Thirteenth-century St Cybi's Church has ancient foundations. Large Stanley tomb reflects pre-eminence of this family in Holyhead's affairs. Historical sites: Arch at entrance to port marks the end of the London to Holyhead A5 route. Built to commemorate visit by George IV in 1821, it looks like a small version of London's Marble Arch. Caer Gybi Roman Fortlet (Cadw) has well-preserved walls. Museum: Holyhead Maritime Museum, Rhos-y-Gaer Avenue, covers the maritime history of western Anglesey; open to the public. Population: 10,500. Irish Sea ferry port with long, protective breakwater.Railway station: On main North Wales line. Sport: Golf club. Swimming pool: Indoor pool.